Work or Long-term Stay Visa

A work or long-term-stay visa is required for the following stays:
  • A stay during which the applicant performs paid work in Japan
  • A stay of over 90 days in Japan
For further information, please refer to the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs.


  • A valid Passport
  • 1 Visa Application Form (PDF) (sample (PDF)) (2 Visa Application Forms: Russia, CIS countries or Georgia nationals)
  • 1 Photograph (passport size) (2 Photographs: Russia, CIS countries or Georgia nationals)
  • Certificate of Eligibility: The original and one copy
You must first obtain a: "CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY" (CoE) to apply for a work or long-term-stay visa

Please contact us Consular Section, if you want to apply for a Long Stay for sightseeing and recreation Visa or Spouse or Child of Japanese National Visa.

Certificate of Eligibility

Certificate of Eligibility applications must be made in Japan to the Japanese Immigration office.
To obtain a Certificate of Eligibility, the applicant must ask a sponsor in Japan (an employer, agency for artists, university, school etc.) to contact the local immigration office and make an application on their behalf.